BRAINSTORM: A Storm In the Brain? Does This Get Good Results?
Brainstorm, data dump - great terms for coming up with fresh, new ideas? Hmmm... Not so sure. But what do I know about a term? Well, what I do know is that if it's a good brainstorm it can yield amazing results. Here are some of the ways we do it at Brand Building, and even if we don't always do it this way, it's the way we WANT to do it...
- No idea is a bad idea (sounds good in theory, not always true, but don't let the person putting it out there know).
- Back into an idea - we like to think as big as we can no matter how crazy and then back in, if necessary.
- Bring in multiple layers of the team. Sometimes the coordinator has the best idea, but you would never know it if they are left out of the discussion.
- Forget the tactics, a brainstorm is about the BIG picture (tactics will take care of themselves).
- Take notes by hand, the process keeps it real.
Just some thoughts for that next "storm." Have at it!!